Jonathan & Charlotte
- View Press Cuttings
- View ITV This Morning 6/3/2013
- View Christmas Carols on ITV 24/12/2012
- View ITV1 The Military Awards 14/12/2012
- View BBC1 Songs Of Praise 9/12/2012
- View BBC1 National Lottery 9/11/2012
- View ITV1 This Morning 8/11/2012
- View ITV1 special 2/11/2012
- View ITV1 Lorraine 1/11/2012
- View ITV1 Daybreak 1/11/2012
- View Sun session 'The Prayer'
- View Sun session 'Rule The World'
- View ITV1 Alan Titchmarsh Show 28/9/2012
- View ITV1 This Morning 24/9/2012
- View ITV1 Red or Black 22/9/2012
- View BBC1 Breakfast 17/9/2012
- View audition
- View Live Semi Final
- Twitter: @JonChar_bgt
Jonathan and Charlotte are the incredibly talented, classical singing 17 year old sensations from Essex, who shot to fame in Britain’s Got Talent performing in front of an audience of 14 million; winning over the nation’s hearts.
Initially dismissed by Simon Cowell who suggested Jonathan should ditch Charlotte, Cowell was quick to realise their potential and offered the opera duo a £1 million record deal.
In September 2012, the release of their debut album ‘Together’ on label Syco, landed the #5 spot in the UK Album Charts, topped the Amazon charts and since been certified GOLD. If that wasn’t enough, ‘Together’ took the position of the highest ever entry by a classical album into the main album chart. The album was released in the USA and Canada in October 2012.
Following on from their astonishing album achievements the ‘Jonathan & Charlotte’ documentary launched on ITV1 in November 2012, attracting an incredible 4 million viewers. Showcasing to fans their success story since they shot to fame, the revealing documentary gave viewers an unique insight into Jonathan and Charlotte as they travelled across Europe to meet and perform with some of their idols – including receiving master-classes from Pavarotti’s vocal coach Leone Magiera and also world famous tenor Rolanda Villazon, who describes Jonathan’s voice as ‘absolutely astonishing.’
After a phenomenal year cementing Jonathan and Charlotte as our nation’s classical sweethearts, fans have been rewarded with the announcement of the duo’s highly-anticipated first UK tour in June 2013.
With tickets in high demand and a GOLD certified album under their belts, the tour is set to become a sell-out which should not be missed.
Likened to the British Pavarotti (Jonathan), Jonathan and Charlotte’s raw talent coupled with their immense likeability is set to escalate the singing sensation’s popularity to new heights in 2013. Stay tuned